Sunday, November 29, 2009

Personal Learning Network-PLN

PLN
At the beginning of this semester I had to ask myself, What is a PLN? Well now that I know what it is, I believe that everyone should have one. I created my PLN in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 Class and I will always be working on it even after this class is over.

I began by setting up two separate blogs for two separate reasons. The first one I created was the Class Blog which was for responses to class assignments. The second one I created was the Professional Blog which is a used for a reflection on what I will bring to teaching. This one I will updating as I learn and grow.

I created a Twitter account where I follow 15 people who are:
1. kaiasays
2. laineymic
3. elearning30
4. teachers20
5. classroom 2.0
6. joedale
7. drjohnhadley
8. coolcatteacher
9. willrich45
10. NSCS
11. wmchamberlin
12. winetimejs
13. pvbagget
14. belindaflucker
15. DrJohnStrange
I am being followed by 4 people who are:
1. coolcatteacher
2. joedale
3. classroom2.0
4. laineymic
I plan on continuing to tweet and become better at it when this class is over. I found out that this is a useful tool to have.

I am using Delicious which is an online bookmarking database which allows you to open it from any computer so you will always have your bookmarks. This helps me keep all of my websites organized to make it easier to find stuff. I became a fan of Delicious in this class.
I actually had Skype before this class because I used it to talk with my boyfriend. To me Skype is more reliable than MSN.
To create your own PLN see Dr. Strange's Handout.
To see a video about why PLN is a valuable tool for educators click here.

1 comment:

  1. I never seen you follow me on twitter...I'm feeling suspicious!

    ReplyDelete